Thursday, 19 December 2013
- I have finished adding the story headlines to the contents page and the page numbers.
- I decreased the font size to make it smaller than I originally had it so I could fit more storylines on.
- I am now going to make a questionnaire asking my audience what they think of my contents page and how I can improve it.
Wednesday, 18 December 2013
- I have kept to the same font and colour scheme that was used on my cover to help create a house style throughout the magazine.
- I have included three photos, one that relates with the main story featured on my magazine cover and the others for another story.
- I have started listing the stories that will be featured in the magazine.
Monday, 16 December 2013
Sunday, 15 December 2013
Tuesday, 10 December 2013
I have added the other photos, that are presented as posters, using photos I have took at concerts.
I added the storylines justified down the side, using the colours pink, orange and black, using the house style colours of my magazine, and the colours of the clothes the bands are wearing.
The magazine's website and social media has been added, as well as the price and barcode.
Competitions and freebies are added, one as a banner and one inside a circular shape to stand out from the rest of the text on the page.
Monday, 9 December 2013
I have changed the font of my title to one I downloaded from 1001 Free Fonts, as after asking my target audience, I realised that they liked this font better as it was more fun
The issue date has been added to the top right hand corner, below the title.
- I changed the background of the posters from white to grey, and then made the pink border slightly smaller as I thought it was too bold before.
Sunday, 8 December 2013
Saturday, 7 December 2013
Sunday, 1 December 2013
Thursday, 28 November 2013
Monday, 25 November 2013
Friday, 22 November 2013
Thursday, 21 November 2013
Naomi Wolf, the American feminist (1991) says that images of attractive women are used to help sell products to other women. She means that women have been conditioned into aspiring to be like what is fashionable now, by a male dominating society.
By using attractive women in my magazine I will be exploiting her theory that an attractive model is used to sell a product leading women to think if they buy the product, they will look like the model.
Friday, 15 November 2013
Tuesday, 12 November 2013
Monday, 11 November 2013
Thursday, 7 November 2013
Thursday, 24 October 2013
Monday, 21 October 2013
Monday, 14 October 2013
Thursday, 3 October 2013
Tuesday, 1 October 2013
The genre of the magazine I am going to make will be pop. Since my magazine is a pop magazine the target audience will be girls. Though a lot of pop magazines are targets for girls aged between 10-14, I am going to make a pop magazine with a target audience of girls primarily aged between 14 and 17. The secondary audience for my magazine will be girls aged between 11-13.