Thursday, 19 December 2013

Contents Page Questionnaire

This is the questionnaire I have made for my contents page. Click here to take survey I will post the results and the changes I have made on the contents page due to the results soon.

Contents Page: Part 2

This is the finished version of my contents page so far.


  • I have finished adding the story headlines to the contents page and the page numbers.
  • I decreased the font size to make it smaller than I originally had it so I could fit more storylines on.
  • I am now going to make a questionnaire asking my audience what they think of my contents page and how I can improve it.

Wednesday, 18 December 2013

Contents Page

This is the contents page for my magazine so far.


  • I have kept to the same font and colour scheme that was used on my cover to help create a house style throughout the magazine.
  • I have included three photos, one that relates with the main story featured on my magazine cover and the others for another story.
  • I have started listing the stories that will be featured in the magazine.
Next, I need to add page numbers and finish the contents list off so people will know what is being featured in the magazine.

Monday, 16 December 2013

Style Model: Contents Page

This is the style model I used for my contents page. It is the contents page from ‘Q.’
I have used the same layout as this contents page including the photos, the title and the storylines. However, the colour theme I used is different to fit to my pop genre.

Tuesday, 10 December 2013

Completed Front Cover

This is the final draft of my front cover.
  • I have added the other photos, that are presented as posters, using photos I have took at concerts.
  • I added the storylines justified down the side, using the colours pink, orange and black, using the house style colours of my magazine, and the colours of the clothes the bands are wearing.
  • The magazine's website and social media has been added, as well as the price and barcode.
  • Competitions and freebies are added, one as a banner and one inside a circular shape to stand out from the rest of the text on the page.


Monday, 9 December 2013

Front Cover Update

  • I have changed the font of my title to one I downloaded from 1001 Free Fonts, as after asking my target audience, I realised that they liked this font better as it was more fun
  • The issue date has been added to the top right hand corner, below the title.
  • I changed the background of the posters from white to grey, and then made the pink border slightly smaller as I thought it was too bold before.

Sunday, 8 December 2013

Updated Front Cover

This is now the updated version of my cover with some of my photos on. I used the Quick Selection Tool to delete the background of both the main photo, and the photo that is used at the bottom as a poster. I made the main photo fit the size of the front cover, with one of the models head covering part of the title as typical convention of a magazine cover.

Now, I need to add the rest of the photos onto my cover, as posters, similar to the one that is found at the bottom of the cover. I also need to add the story headlines onto the cover and the strapline.

Saturday, 7 December 2013

Editing Photos

At the moment I am busy editing the photos I am going to use in my magazine, especially my front cover photos as that is what I am working on at the minute.
This is the photo I started with.

I then used the Quick Selection Tool to delete the background of the photo. Afterwards I used the Mask Edge to bring back some of the edge around the hair of the girls so the photo didn't look so harsh. I also brightened the photo slightly as it is quite a dark photo.
This is the finished photo after all of the editing, before I put it onto my front cover.

Sunday, 1 December 2013

More Photos

This is a video I have made on Animoto including more of the photos that will be included throughout my magazine.

More Photos